by Jennifer McClure
The Society for New Communications Research is pleased to announce its 2009 Call for Fellows. The application deadline is December 29th, 2008. The Society for New Communications Research Fellowship is a year-long, volunteer-based program. All futurists, scholars, technologists, business leaders, professional communicators and members of the media from around the globe are invited to apply.
Applicants are asked to complete the online application. Applicants must provide a detailed summary of their professional and academic background, three professional/academic references, and a project proposal that is in line with the SNCR’s research/education roadmap.
The 2009 SNCR research and education roadmap will focus on:
* Social media metrics and measurement (best practices and standards);
* Adoption of Web 2.0 tools and technologies by small businesses;
* Enterprise adoption of Web 2.0 tools and technologies (including
“Behind the Firewall” initiatives)
* Adoption of social media by the higher education sector
* New developments in mobile media;
* New business models for news organizations
* Shifts in business and economic behavior resulting from new
communication technologies and the growing impact of social media and
connective technologies on business and the economy
Those who are selected will collaborate with the other SNCR Fellows on a volunteer basis on original research and educational programs. The fellowship program is highly competitive. A maximum of 12 Fellows will be accepted for these one-year (renewable) volunteer-based fellowships. In 2008 only one in four applicants was selected.